Legalisation of Documents/Notary Service


In order to use a British document in Croatia all documents issued by the British authorities (e.g. Birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate, power of attorney) need to be legalized at the Legalization Office with an Apostille stamp (see ) and translated into Croatian by an official interpreter in the UK (a list of Croatian interpreters in the UK is available in the Consular Section of this web site) or by a certified court interpreter in Croatia.

In order to use Croatian documents in the UK the documents must be legalized with an Apostille stamp issued by the Municipal Court according to the place where the institution which issued the document has its seat.

General information on the legalization of documents is available at:



Request for verification of a signature can only be submitted in person at the Embassy by submitting an original valid Croatian passport or an original valid Croatian identity card.

FEE: 10 GBP per signature

If you do not have a valid original Croatian passport or identity card, the Embassy cannot verify the signature. In this case, please seek the verification of the signature at a notary public or solicitor in the UK. These documents must be properly legalized and translated into Croatian (see above).

The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents while conducting legally obligatory proceedings related to each request filed.